Docs that Teach

Docs that TeachDocs_that_teach

I came across this site looking through a blog that I follow on twitter. Although I may not use this type of material often, for the grade level that I teach, I figured I’d let readers know about this resource. If I could think of a way that elementary educators could use this website; here are some ideas that come to mind:

• researching histories of the American flag
  • the original Colonies and documents that came from those Colonies
  • researching the history of the Pledge of Allegiance came to my mind as well as our National Song.
  • If you work at a diverse school, perhaps students could research documents across states, presidents,

As I type I seem to come up with more and more ideas and now I’m thinking WOW- I could probably create some awesome paired/and/or-cooperative projects… I should retract my original statement!!

Middle and High School Educators probably don’t need my ideas as I’m sure they could post their own amazing ideas on this blog about how they could use this website… which I would definitely welcome!! If you are an educator at the secondary level and are already using this website, leave us some ideas on how you use “Docs that Teach!”

All and any ideas from educators are welcome- If you are an elementary educator with ideas on how to use “Docs that Teach,” please submit your ideas here by leaving a comment. If you are already using the site, please share how you have used it and which docs you have used in your classroom!!!

“Docs that Teach” seems like a great, FREE, resources that can help supplement any social studies and history curriculum; as well as help your students and/or child conduct research for webquests and projects. Good luck using this website. Please share any feedback you have!