March 11

PLURK

Plurk_badgeI just started using PLURK– very new to it and not sure what I’m doing but my friend Kevin Honeycutt… who is so smart, amazing with educational technology (and a MUST to follow) said I should try it out!!

When Kevin tells me to try something out….I usually listen!!! So here I am, I have not a friend in the PLURK– I can’t even find him there!!! Don’t think I’m going to give up though… I am a model of what I tell my students- PERSERVERENCE is key! Plus, I love a challenge and do like to learn new things, especially if I can find a way that it will have applications to the classroom!

Stay tuned…

(“don’t turn that dial”- most kids wouldn’t know what that meant in today’s world as there are no dials to turn- not on the radio and not even on the television!!!)….

…as I will post more information about PLURK and how to use it once I figure it out myself!! :0)

To follow Kevin Honeycutt– check out his Central page. This page contains all his current blogs, projects, and ongoing activities. (I think someone gave him a 48 hour day….??? Not fair!)

http://kevinhoneycutt.org/

Plurk site: www.plurk.com  (if you find me= friend me: EducatorsHelper!)

Tags: , , , , ,

Posted March 11, 2011 by susanna127 in category Uncategorized

About the Author

Educator of 15 years, mother of 2 beautiful and bright girls and a wonderfully family! I love working with children, I am certified to teach elementary education k-6, ESE K-12, ESL K-12, my current interest is teaching reading through content areas, incorporating technology into classroom instruction, and infusing literature into mathematics block. I hold the following certifications and degrees: NBPTS (McGen), M.Ed, almost finished with Ed.Tech EdS- currently working on PhD in reading/curriculum and instruction...would love your input as to how you incorporate nonfiction texts into your literacy block!! Please share any ideas you have on how you use stations/centers to integrate science, math, and social studies into your classroom routine. Thanks for stopping by!

2 thoughts on “PLURK