April 24

LOVE Chrome- apps!

I have found a new love- Google’s Chrome-

Why?

It’s fast, faster than any other web browser program out there- Unless someone has found something faster- I’ve tried them all- Safari, Firefox but I have to say that Chrome (for me) has been, by far, the fastest in all that it does! It’s also more than just a search engine… I am in love with all it’s APP features and their easy adaptability!! I keep finding new APPS or favorite programs that have become easy add-ons to my Chrome Main Page… My 5-year old can easily locate her favorite games- and barely needs help from me!! I really just think it rocks!!

And this is just an additional piece to what Google offers beyond APPS- There programs for educators is totally phenomenal!! If you are of the curious nature… (as I am) just ‘google’ something like… “google programs for teachers” or “google applications for teachers” and you will be amazed at what is out there and available for FREE!!!

Once you’ve found Google Apps that you like; if you are not sure how to use them= simple answer! Go to YouTube and look up it’s tutorial! I fall in love with the internet more and more each day because it makes my job easier! I hope that you will find the same for yourself.

Here’s a picture of my Google-Chrome Start page- with just a few of my favorite apps (displayed) and a simple click away!!

favorite Chrome apps

Hope you enjoy and if  you have some favorite APPS- share them here and we can start spreading the word!!

Tags: , , , , ,

Posted April 24, 2011 by susanna127 in category Uncategorized

About the Author

Educator of 15 years, mother of 2 beautiful and bright girls and a wonderfully family! I love working with children, I am certified to teach elementary education k-6, ESE K-12, ESL K-12, my current interest is teaching reading through content areas, incorporating technology into classroom instruction, and infusing literature into mathematics block. I hold the following certifications and degrees: NBPTS (McGen), M.Ed, almost finished with Ed.Tech EdS- currently working on PhD in reading/curriculum and instruction...would love your input as to how you incorporate nonfiction texts into your literacy block!! Please share any ideas you have on how you use stations/centers to integrate science, math, and social studies into your classroom routine. Thanks for stopping by!

2 thoughts on “LOVE Chrome- apps!

1. Sharnon Johnston-Robinett

I, too, am a big advocate of Chrome. I’d have to say that my 2 favorite ‘extras’ for Chrome are Chromed Bird & the TweetDeck Chrome App.
    One thing I accidentally found while using Chrome is Ctrl+u
    It actually works in other browsers, too… but it enables you to be able to see ‘under’ webpages quickly… that has been an excellent ‘quickie shortcut’ that I wish I would’ve found a LONG time ago!

2. susanna127 (Post author)

I’m starting to learn that Google has lots to offer educators. I’m going to be writing a few more posts on the topic, so please check back for more information!!